Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Hearts Day!

Good Morning and a Happy Hearts Day to ya'll! What a most glorious day!...27 balmy degrees, no snow, wind, cold, yuck! But there are flowers that adorn my desktop! And chocolates that are to my tasting!
What a surprise this morning when I awoke to find my sweetie with flowers, chocolates and cards in hand! And just when I thought I wasn't loved! Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......
Makes you start to wonder what it means to "be loved" or how we perceive it, is more like it! Is love flowers and chocolates and cards? Or is love having someone to listen to, put up with your duke, no matter how bad the duke can get, love you even though you may think you are unlovable, dry your tears and tell you the truth. Love is a many splendored thing.....hear that before?
My kids love me.....sometime it feels like only when they get what they want, but I know that is not true. When they are ugly, love is harder...when their hearts get broken, love is the only thing they know best is from the Mama. We hit all sorts of walls, brooks, rivers, oceans but love is what always brings us back to normal. Healing love is something that we all need and want, we just have to figure out how to pick up our own self and love ourself enough to know the good, the bad, the ugly and the best that He provides for us.

No comments: