Friday, February 16, 2007

"The Secret"

Anyone watch Oprah today, Friday? Great show, once again. She had two guests on who were talking about "The Secret". A new book out that will give you the keys to the ultimate life. Hmmmm....it's all within us! It's all in our thinking! And this is news to most of us christians? It's always been within. He powers us and He is the power. Everything happens for a reason. Ever heard that one?
I went out and bought a few of the books since Renan was wild about the show. It is funny, what triggers thoughts! He had to go to work tonight and on his way there, there must have been a glow around his car as he drove up Davis Blvd. He called me and said "Remember when we met, and how we spent time talking and writing and sharing. It was supposed to happen that way." "Yes," I said, "It was." In the second phone call he said, "Dillon was meant to be here!" "Yes, he was!" What amazes me is that all this time, he has had doubts.
On the show today one of the gentlemen said "To try is to fail with honor." For instance, when you ask someone to dinner at your house and they reply "I'll try" do they ever show up? Nope! So don't try, do.
When we met, we didnt "try" to be anything but just talkers. We shared our feelings, honestly and openly, and didn't judge or put each other down. We didnt laugh at each other's ideas or put foolish notions into each others heads. We just listened and learned alot about each other. WE shared dreams and we shared heartaches.
It also included today that when we think in the negative then that is the vibes we throw off on ourselves, on each other, on our dreams. We live in a negative world. The news throws that in our faces each day. The only thing I want to watch anymore is the weather and that in itself is sometime negative. Snow, rain, ice....blah, blah,blah! Enough!

I am going to read the book. Renan is going to read the book and together we shall learn something new. After all, isn't that what life is about.....learning something new?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey email me at aaron@thailandforthesavior.org so I can have your inf.

Great to hear from you!!!

Amy Pennington said...

I had no idea you had a blog! How fun. Just so you know my old blog is linked to my profile....not my new one. Thanks for all your sweet and ENCOURAGING comments:) You rock!